Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bedroom Makeover

Zach and I started updating our bedroom this spring. 
Here is a picture of what our bedroom used to look like.  We decorated it like this when we moved in four years ago.  There were so many things that needed an update.

 Our makeover started when we purchased a king sized bed this spring.  We moved the new bed to an adjacent wall.  We also got new bedding to fit the bed and new curtains to match the bedding.  Those changes already made a huge improvement.

We love our new bedding!

Then, we painted our red wall gray to match the others.

The most exciting change came with a headboard that Zach and I made together.  He built the headboard, I painted it black, and then we both stenciled it.  Troy helped us trim it and hang it on the wall.  

When I was designing the headboard, I wanted something grand and unique.  I think we achieved both.

Here is the completed room.  
I absolutely love our bedroom now! 

5 comments: