Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer goals achieved

At the beginning of the summer I set a few goals that I wanted to accomplish before school started again.  

They were:
1) Read five books
2) Paint a new painting
3) Get back into my jeans

Let's see how I did.


I read these five books.  I enjoyed them all and would recommend them, but I wouldn't say they were my favorite reads ever.  The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series was my favorite, but it is very racy, so be prepared.  They are definitely not children's books.  The Same Kind of Different as Me is an inspirational true story that was very good.  Water for Elephants was good, but not what I expected.


These are the paintings I did for our bathroom.  I had painted these canvases once before, but I never really liked them.  When I decided to redo them, I needed a plan.  I painted the background with gold, and then dry brushed bronze over that.  When it was dry, I tore strips of tape to make the lines.  The tearing was a pain, but I didn't want straight lines.  Then I painted over the tape with a metallic purplish brown.  When the tape was ripped off, here is what they looked like. I love them!


As for the jeans...

I did it.  It could be better, but it could be worse.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great job on the jeans!
    I've been wondering about the Girl with the dragon tattoo books...they were on my list this summer, but I didn't get to them. I'll have to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to comment on the jeans too! You did way better than I did. Kuddos to you!

    Also, love the paintings!

    ReplyDelete