Sunday, November 30, 2014

Husker Game

Thanksgiving was really different this year.  We had already celebrated with my family two weeks ago, so we didn't go to North Platte.   Zach's family did things differently too.  We spent time with his parents on Wednesday and Thursday, but we didn't do dinner with the whole family.  They have always done lunch, but this year they did supper instead because it worked for more people.  We needed to drive five hours to Iowa, so we didn't stay for dinner.  I guess we saved ourselves a lot of calories.  We left Monroe with Zach's parents for the weekend.  Here are some pictures Grandma took of her.





 
We went to the Husker game Friday morning with my parents, siblings, my nephew Karter, my grandma, and my uncle.  My uncle was cheering for Iowa.  My grandma didn't care who won as long as it was close.  She got her wish!

Megan and Josh


We rode the Hawkeye Exress to the game.  It was a train that dropped you off right at the stadium.  It was great to not worry about parking or walking.



The Zachs

My mom and dad

Rod, Jess, and Karter



We knew ahead of time that the game was supposed to be cold, but it was a lot colder than was forecasted.  We froze!
That same day, it was 70 degrees in GI.

Here come the Huskers!

We won!  I am still not sure how, but we did.  It was an exhilarating game!  

No comments:

Post a Comment