Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September Phone Dump

Monroe went to a birthday party at Skate Island.  She did really well and had a great time!




Cale turned two! 

Can you find Cale?

Our first Islander game of the year

I love this picture!

Troy, Ashley, Derek, and Lea Ann went with us.


Watching the Huskers with friends

Avery loved Monroe's microphone.  She was singing all night!

Our neighbors were fostering some baby kittens.  They invited us down to see them.

They have to be fed with a syringe.

Their little nails were sharp, so Monroe was nervous holding them.

This is hard to see, but Zach wrote Monroe in the lawn with the mower.  She traced it over and over.

Monroe is taking dance again this year, but we switched studios.  She is now going to the Dance Company.


Watching Daddy coach Westridge football

Monroe's teacher texted me this picture from preschool.

I went to Junk Street in Hastings with Ashley and Emily.  I thought I might be disappointed after experiencing the big one in Omaha, but every booth had great things.  I got this milk can.


I also got this Nebraska sign and a new Husker hat.

Our friends Grant and Becki are having twins.  They already have two girls, so we were all anxious to see if they would be getting a boy.  They had two different ways to reveal the genders.  The first was homemade play dough with blue or pink food coloring inside.  As the kids squished and kneaded the play dough it turned pink.

The second one was even more fun because it was their last chance to have a boy.  Each person there got a cupcake.  One had pink or blue inside.  Mine had a ton of frosting.  While we were waiting to bite into them, I was licking the excess frosting.  Suddenly, I realized why mine had so much.  It was covering up the color inside, and I could see what color it was!  I told Grant to look at me as we all bit into our cupcakes.  Then I held it up.  Grant freaked out!  He spiked his own cupcake into the ground and went screaming into the street!



Playing at the library

Kyndell and Nathan had Parker Alan on August 12th.  We got to meet him the other day.


Second cousins

We got Monroe a ring trapeze for her swing set.  She loves it!  She has figured out how to do a number of different "tricks".


Twinning

We needed evening babysitters two nights last week because of conferences.  Monroe enjoyed having Derek and Lea Ann watch her.

2 comments: