Friday, February 24, 2017

Valentine's Day

Two days before Valentine's day, on Sunday evening, we got a knock on our front door.  A student of mine delivered chocolate covered strawberries.  It was the sweetest gift!

Nana came over on Valentine's day to deliver some gifts and take Monroe on a little date.  Monroe opened her gift while she was with Nana, but here are the boys opening theirs.




We got Monroe The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly doll.  Now she can stuff the lady's mouth as she reads the book.

A gift from Alicia and Monroe

We made a fancy Valentine's dinner.  We grilled steak and asparagus and made strawberry poke cake.


Monroe made us this puzzle, this picture, and a book.


I found an idea on Facebook that I wanted to try.  Every day from February 1st to the 14th, I wrote a reason why I love each of my family members and stuck it to their doors.  Zach and Monroe really liked it.
Zach's door:

Monroe's door:

Pierce and Graham's door:

I LOVE our family!

3 comments:

  1. I love the note on the door idea. I should do that next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Abby. Love the door notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved doing it! It was good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete