Thursday, April 2, 2020

Erin's Birthday

Sunday was my 36th birthday.
I was required to open my gift right away, even before I had my coffee.

I have wanted one of these for at least ten years.  I could never justify the money.  
This is perfect timing because Monroe has been really into baking, and we have plenty of time to be baking.  And, I was completely surprised!

Patrick and Emily delivered me a coffee

 Cupcakes and a gift certificate from Angie and Amy.  We had a nice talk in the driveway.
(Angie's daughter is a wonderful baker)

I also got a bunch of sweet messages from my students.

In the afternoon, I took the kids on a bear hunt.  Our neighborhood had put out a message asking people to put bears in their windows.  I was surprised how many we saw.  We forgot to count, but we talked to neighbors who had counted 47.   The kids had so much fun with this!






While we were gone, Zach used the new mixer to make a delicious banana cake with cream cheese frosting.  He also made homemade pizzas for supper.
After supper, Zach set up a Zoom with our families.  My parents, my siblings, his parents, and his siblings all zoomed with us.  They sang me happy birthday and then watched us eat cake.  It was crazy because in another situation we would never be able to get all of those people at the same time.  In our current situation, though, people don't have anywhere else to be.

We finished the night fire pitting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment