Sunday, March 5, 2023

Burkle Christmas

We had the Burkle Christmas December 30th.









I had this made for Zach and Megan


Zach did glass blowing at Hastings College, so I thought he'd appreciate a hand-blown ornament.







Zach and Megan won the best gift award.  My parents were at the 300th volleyball sellout game.

This year's food contest was PIE.  For the first time, there were two rounds, one for kids, and one for adults.  All of the kids made sweet pies.
Kaiya made a sweet pie that looked like pizza.


Karter and Jensen made a cold Oreo pie


And our three made a warm Oreo pie



Monroe was all about the presentation.  She made her brothers dress up with her.

All of the adults made savory pies
Jess and Rod made a Dorito pie


We made a sausage and mushroom galette


Zach and Megan made a Thanksgiving pie

Josh and Megan's were very similar to ours, but they were hand pies

The WINNERS:



The next day we went bowling as a family.  

I also went furniture shopping with my brothers.  I don't remember the last time I spent time with just the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment