Tuesday, April 11, 2023

House of Colour

 

I have been wanting to get my colors done for a while now, but I also struggle to spend money on myself.  Last year for Christmas, I asked Zach's parents for money toward getting my colors done.  I never made an appointment, though.  When I got cash from them again this year and realized I still had the money from last year, I made the appointment.  I talked Amy into doing it with me, although she had sworn she never would.    
It was such a fun experience!  I learned so many things about the colors we wear and how they can affect our faces.  

Amy is a summer.  She looked beautiful in soft pinks, purples, and blues.



I am an autumn.  

I didn't have any expectations going in, but I was surprised that I looked good in browns, greens, and oranges.  I didn't think I had much of those in my closet, but I do have a lot of greens and mustards.
I had not gone shopping for clothes in quite a while because I wanted to do a lot of shopping once I knew my colors.  I have thoroughly enjoyed knowing.  I now only focus on things in my season when I'm in a store, and I'm trying to expand my wardrobe in colors I don't already have, like browns.  I have gotten many compliments in the last three weeks wearing autumn colors and makeup.
Zach would say I'm obsessed.  He may be right.  I really want to get his and Monroe's colors done now too.  I would recommend this to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment