Sunday, July 28, 2024

Mean Girls Jr. -- Monroe's musical

 


When we received the email that Monroe had been cast as Regina George, I was shocked!  This show was for 11-18 year olds.  I didn't think she had a chance at playing that role at 13.  She was ecstatic!

Monroe loved being a plastic with these two

The newspaper put out an article before opening night.










My name is Regina George, and I am a massive deal!








They had the coolest decorations in the hallways of the theater.  These are all the actors that will graduate in 2029.

Julia and Willow





Friday night

I was a "cool mom" for the weekend.  Regina's other mom and I had to get a picture together.

Saturday afternoon

Stella was an amazing Karen


Saturday evening

Vivian

I also loved Gianna as Gretchen

Sunday afternoon

She received beautiful bouquets from her aunts and grandparents



Monroe was a very convincing Regina.  Zach and I were surprised by how mean she could be.  Her singing was great, but her acting was most impressive.
She loved every second of this production.  We are grateful to Hastings Community Theatre for opportunities like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment