Saturday, December 29, 2012

Burkle Christmas

Jess and Rod hosted Christmas for our family this year.  Before heading to Lincoln, we had to buy Monroe snow pants and boots because we knew we'd be out in the snow.

Jensen

Megan and Samara

Monroe trying to walk

Sawyer


The kids loved playing on the trampoline.  Uncle Yeah made it snow on them as they jumped.

Then, we went sledding down their hill.


Kaiya and Karter loved it!

Grandma took a trip down

I love Kaiya's face in the background.

Josh, Samara, and Monroe

That night, we had a soup-off.  My mom and dad made Creamy Roasted Eggplant Soup, Zach made Mexican Vodka Soup, Josh and Megan made Asian Vegetable Beef, and Zach and I made Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup.  Jess and Rod were the judges.  We ended up all voting, and Zach and I won.  
Soup-off Champions 2012

After dinner we opened the kids' presents.


Samara opening presents for the very first time





The girls

Jensen with his new microphone



Karter loved his new easel from Grandma and Grandpa

We tried to get a cousin picture

Monroe with her latches board



Noah's ark

After we put the kids to bed, the adults opened our presents.  One cool gift that we got from my parents was this picture frame.  It has pictures of us four siblings over about 15 years.  

The next morning at breakfast

For lunch on Sunday, we had Christmas dinner.  Rod made prime rib that he smoked all day.  It was delicious!  

That night we took some family pictures.
Grandma and Grandpa with their five grandkids

One request I had for the weekend was that we take a sibling picture.  This was easier said than done, because we tried 10 different poses before getting a good picture.

This was my favorite. I think I am going to add it to the picture frame from my parents.


Megan, Samara, Kaiya, and Josh


Jess, Rod, Jensen, and Karter 
(Team Schulz)



The next morning, Zach was teaching Karter (kindergartner) how to play war.  At one point during the game, Zach seized the perfect moment to teach Karter division.  It gave us a good laugh.
Before going home, we all went to the YMCA. My mom, sister, and I went to one of Megan's Zumba classes.  She became an instructor about a month ago, so we wanted to see her in action.  I am so glad we went.  Megan is a complete natural.  She had fun, and made it fun for all of us.

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Christmas with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment