Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summer Project(s)

Zach and I always try to tackle some projects in the summer.  This summer's project was the front of the house.  We had a list of things we wanted to do.  

Here is what the house looked like before.  

And after.

We repainted the railing white

and caulked and painted all of the white trim, including around the garage.

When I tried touching up a few spots on the brown siding, the paint didn't match.  The paint was from a half-full can that we painted the house with five years ago.  I liked the new color better, so I repainted the front of the house only.  The new color is on the left.

We also replaced the light fixture

and the mailbox.
I made this 'R' too!

Inspired by Young House Love, I then decided to paint our front door.   

My original color choice seemed perfect on the swatch, but I hated it on the door. (Too bright)
I took the can of paint back to Home Depot and asked the guy to make it darker and bluer.  I really like the new shade.

The last project was to get the porch recarpeted. Ryan Steffen came and installed the carpet on Tuesday.  




We can now say that our front-of-the-house remodel is complete.  

Monroe's favorite part is the blue door, but she also says the new carpet feels nice.

I love it all, and I am glad to call this project done.

No comments:

Post a Comment