Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas

Every Thanksgiving, we go out of town for the five day break, so we like to put up our Christmas tree before we leave.  It's nice to come home and have it done.  

We also did Monroe's tree downstairs with her help.

The first day of December, Monroe opened her December 1st gift.  I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was an easy, cute idea.
We got her pajamas, a book, a movie, and chapstick.






Also on December 1st, we started our Advent calendar.  Monroe got it from my parents a couple years ago.  She does pretty well about only moving the one for that day.   


I found a Christmas craft idea on Pinterest that looked too easy not to do.  I bought letters from Hobby Lobby, sprayed them with spray glue, and then covered them with glitter.

I like how it turned out.

 Monroe picked out her ornament again this year.  Each year we have her pick an ornament of something she's into that year.  Last year was Elmo and this year she chose Minnie Mouse.

 Monroe's tree

Because we have a gold tree, I usually buy gold wrapping paper.  This year, I found this blue and gold paper.  I love the contrast of the blue.  The tree looks great with the presents underneath.


We didn't get Monroe an Elf on the Shelf this year because I thought she was too young to care.  Our daycare lady has one at her house, though, and Monroe loves finding it and talking about it.  For the last week, she has been asking for one of her own.  Even though it's the 17th of December, I went and bought one today.  Monroe was elated when she saw her on our tree.  She named her Ellie.  
We used her many times tonight already.  We reminded Monroe about Ellie during supper, bath, and at bedtime.  I don't know why we didn't do this sooner :)  Monroe is so excited to look for her in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment