Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our Christmas


On Tuesday we made cookies for Santa.  Then we set Ellie by Santa's cookie so he would take her with him.  

When we asked Monroe what she wanted for Christmas, she said maracas.  We already had the idea of building her a stage, so we thought this fit right in.  We started putting the idea of the stage in her head so that she would be excited and ask Santa for it.  
Zach and our friend, Troy, built the stage, I sewed the curtains with Zach's mom, and we both painted and hung it.
Monroe is at a great age, so we were so excited for her to come downstairs in the morning.

Here's a video of Monroe seeing her stage for the first time and singing a couple of songs.  



Then she opened her stocking.


Zach got me a new purse.

Monroe got maracas, a pink car (something she asked for), and Pete the Cat books from us.



Excited about her books!

Then Zach started opening his beer brewing kit.

My new perfume
Zach also built me a couple of shelves.  I'll blog about those once I get them up and filled.

Monroe's loot


Daddy's mess

After opening gifts, Monroe played.  Zach and I got ready to head to Hastings for two more Christmases that day.

3 comments: