Thursday, March 6, 2014

Monroe's weekend away

My sister-in-law, Megan, called a couple weeks ago and asked if she and Josh could take Monroe for a weekend in March.  Their girls, Kaiya and Samara, are 4 and 2, so Monroe fits right in the middle.  Their family was excited to have her, and we were excited to be kidless for a couple of days.  
We met Josh and Megan in York on Friday night and dropped Monroe off.  (They live in Lincoln.) We then went out to eat at Chances R for Zach's birthday.  The food was delicious!  We ended with creme brule.
For my birthday last year Zach got me a gift card to get boots at the western store in town.  I tried on boots then, but it was really hard to decide what I wanted.  Then, I never got back there to buy a pair.  When Derek and Lea Ann asked me to be in their wedding, I found out that the girls are wearing cowboy boots.  This was the push I needed to go buy my first boots.  
On Saturday night, we helped Zach's dad cater an event in Hastings.  It is the only event we do with him every year.  It was the fundraiser for the lutheran schools in town.  Their decorations are always amazing.  I had to take a picture of the tables, because I thought they looked so cool.  I love the vases, wood, and burlap table runner.  
On Sunday, we enjoyed church, lunch, and working out without Monroe.  Then, we drove back to York to get her.  It was a relaxing weekend, but we definitely missed our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment