Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sharing the News

On September 16th, I took a blood test in the morning and then waited for the results.  I got a call at 2:00 that the results were positive, and I was pregnant!  It was a Wednesday, so school had just gotten out.  I left school right away and drove to Senior High to tell Zach.  He wasn't in his room, and he wasn't coming when the office paged him.  Finally we figured out he was in a meeting that couldn't be interrupted.  So, I left this note on his car:
If the test was negative, we would be done with shots.  If it was positive, he would be continuing to give me progesterone shots every night in my hips for a couple more months.  Then I waited for him to get out of his meeting and call me.  He couldn't believe it!
We found out it was triplets on October 8th.
We told Monroe and both sets of parents on October 16th.  They were both in town for Grandparents' day weekend, so it was perfect!
The first video is hard to hear.  We gave Monroe a gift and waited for her to figure out what it meant.
Zach's phone ran out of storage, so the second video shows us announcing that it's three.
In this one you can hear everyone's shocked reactions!

We told the rest of our families and close friends in the next few weeks.  We let Monroe tell a lot of them over Factime.

When I was 12 weeks, Zach and I announced to our staffs at school.
I hung this on the wall, and then covered the tables with Whoppers (packages of 3).

For my students, I did a mini lesson on the word part "tri".  They came up with as many words as they could that meant three.  Then I had them guess which one applied to me.  They couldn't believe it!  For a treat we enjoyed neapolitan (three part) ice cream sandwiches.

We also announced our pregnancy on Facebook that day with this picture.

It was so fun to read everyone's shocked comments!


Here is my 12 week picture.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, these posts make me super happy no matter how many times I hear it or read it. Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete