Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Father's Day


The last few years, Monroe and I have taken Zach golfing for Father's Day.   The twins made that a little difficult this year, so I recruited Troy to take Zach in the morning instead.  While he was gone, Monroe and I had work to do.  Zach loves Caramel Delight (Samoa) Girl Scout cookies.  I found a Samoa pie that Monroe and I made for him.  We also made Scotcheroos, wrapped his gifts, and wrote on cards.

The boys hung out while we baked



After golf, Zach opened his gifts.  We got him his annual Father's Day picture, new boxers he's been wanting from Target and a flag pole for his Husker flag.



Last year's picture looks a lot different from this year's.

 
Graham




Pierce


I love hearing what Monroe wants to write on cards.

My dad and me

That afternoon, we had family over to grill out.  My parents were on their way through after being in Lincoln.  Zach's parents and grandparents came, his aunt and uncle, some cousins, Derek, Lea Ann, Troy and Ashley.
Some amazing dads and future dads
Bentyn, Jordan, Dedrick, David, Jeff, Dennis, Joshken, Derek, Zach, Pierce, Doug, Grandpa, Troy, and Graham

Zach's Father's Day ended with his team, the Cavaliers, winning the NBA championship.  It was the first close game of the series, and came down to the final seconds.  It was a great way to end his day.

Happy Father's Day, Zach!  We love you and appreciate everything you do to make our family a happy, healthy one.

1 comment: