Friday, September 8, 2017

Solar Eclipse

When I first found out about the total solar eclipse being visible in Grand Island, I thought it would be cool to experience.  However, I was picturing what I had experienced in grade school when I viewed a partial solar eclipse with a dot poked in paper.  The more I learned, the more excited I became.  This was going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  It was fun to hear the buzz around town and around Nebraska.  Businesses were closing, people were traveling to Nebraska from all over the world, and we had permission to make the whole school day about the eclipse.  
My students did awesome!  We had solar eclipse glasses, and they understood the importance of wearing them.  The whole school was out on the playground.  Many parents joined us.










The two minutes of totality were worth all of the hype!  It was absolutely awesome!  We all took our glasses off and were awed by the darkness in the middle of the day.  
I am so glad I got to experience a total solar eclipse with my students, my friends, and my daughter.  It was quite an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment