Tuesday, December 1, 2020

November Fun


Zach's mom texted us one day while she was watching the boys.  There was a baby snake in the basement bedroom.  When she went to trap it, it slid under the baseboard, where it didn't look like it could even fit.  

The next morning, when I went to work out, I checked the bedroom, and it was out.  I woke up Zach, and he came and got it.  The size concerned us, because baby snakes aren't usually alone.  However, it's been a month, and we've not seen any others.


The Runcie house was VERY THANKFUL for a Biden/Harris victory!

Voting blue in a red-leaning state, this was fun to see.  Trump will get 2 electoral votes from Nebraska and Biden will get 1. Most states don't work this way.

We took our kids for celebratory ice cream.  
I've tried to convey to Monroe how exciting it is that we elected a woman (a black and asian woman) as Vice President.  She doesn't understand the significance, but I'm going to keep talking about it.


It was freezing cold the night of the semi-final football game.  We bundled up, grabbed multiple blankets, and went anyway.  We lost in the last few seconds of the game.  It was disappointing, but the boys had so much to be proud of.  It was a great season!

Decorating the kids' Christmas trees





We found another snake, this one outside, while Zach wasn't home.  I was thankful I had boys to pick it up for me.  


A little while later Monroe was playing with it.


Disguised turkeys:
Pierce and Graham's

Monroe's

3 on 1
I'm thankful that Zach does this regularly because I don't want to :)



Zooming with Grand Island friends


Zach went to his parents' house to help put up Christmas lights, so we went to play with Nana and cousins. It was our first day out of quarantine and we were excited to get out.









The kids challenged me, but it was easier for me than they expected.



Quarantine and Thanksgiving break gave me a lot of extra time.  I was running out of things to do toward the end.  I decided one day I was going to paint the cabinets in the laundry room.  Before, they were a blonde oak.  I really like the color I chose. 

I brought pattern blocks home from school to give us something new to do over Thanksgiving break.  The kids have loved playing with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment