Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another year is over

Summer officially started today.  It is funny because yesterday was my first day back and my last day. My long-term sub, Bill Chadek, did an amazing job.  He is a retired teacher who taught at Newell for 35 years. He works way harder than he should.  It made being on maternity leave so easy for me.  I just hope he's around when I have another baby.

Zach was glad to finish his year as well.  He didn't like going to work everyday while Monroe and I stayed home these last few weeks.  The ending to the year was bittersweet for him, though, as he is not returning to Westridge next year.  He has been reassigned to the Success Academy, an alternative middle school, because of cuts in the math program.  He has tried to have a good attitude about the situation, but he is really going to miss his colleagues at Westridge.

One person I will miss next year is my principal.  Brad Wolfe has been my principal for the last five years.  He is leaving to take a middle school position in the district.  He was a wonderful leader and a great person to learn from.

This summer we have no big plans.  I hope to go on a lot of walks, do some gardening, and read a few books.  Zach hopes to play a lot of golf.  We both want to take in every second of being with Monroe. She's growing so fast.  We don't want to miss a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment