Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer so far

My two favorite people

Zach, Monroe and I have had a great summer so far.   We finally got around to planting flowers this week.  The last two years we have planted a vegetable garden and had produce coming out of our ears.  This year we decided we wanted to focus on Monroe and not bother with the garden.  I did, however, plant flowers.  I planted my cannas again.  I also bought new pots and planted arrangements in those.  We also got around to pulling weeds, which was overdue.  The landscaping now looks much better.

A couple summers ago I read the Harry Potter series and absolutely loved it.  I had never seen any of the movies, though, so last week we decided to watch them.  We watched all seven movies in two days.  It was a lot of movie watching for this girl, but it was fun.  We look forward to the last movie coming out in July.

Monroe is changing so much.  This morning she weighed 11 lbs 8 oz.  As you can tell, she likes to eat.  She is also sleeping through the night, which I obviously love.  I don't realize how fortunate I am until I talk to other moms whose babies wake up every few hours.  Monroe is also smiling, laughing, and cooing all the time now.  We can't get enough of her.


Muffin top in more ways than one


I love that face


She loves to stand

No comments:

Post a Comment