Sunday, May 13, 2012

Changes for next year

In the last week, Zach and I both found out that we will have different teaching assignments next year.    
This year, Zach taught 7th and 8th grade math at the Success Academy, which is the alternative middle school.  It has been a very trying and difficult year, but Zach has had a great attitude through it all.  When job openings posted, he applied for a high school math position.  On Monday he found out that he got the job.  The specifics have yet to be determined, but he knows he'll be teaching geometry and algebra.  He is most excited to get back to teaching math instead of dealing with behaviors.
This year, I taught 5th grade for the fourth year in a row.  After four years, I decided I was ready for a change.  Next year I will be teaching 3rd grade at the same school.  I will miss the independence of 5th graders, but I won't miss their attitudes.  The part I am most excited about is having a smaller class.

No comments:

Post a Comment