Monday, July 15, 2013

Paleo - Week 2

Week 2

Total weight loss: 
Erin -  5 pounds
Zach -  13 pounds

Pros:
1. My clothes are already fitting differently.  I have a pair of jean capris that I couldn't wear before, that I was able to comfortably fit into after a week.  I feel less bloated, and I never feel that gross, too-full feeling after I eat.
2. I used to need coffee to get me going in the morning.  I also used to feel tired after lunch and once I sat down for supper.  Now, I don't.  We'll see how I feel once I am getting up for work in a few weeks, though.
3. We have found a few restaurants that we can go to and eat paleo: Qdoba (a naked chicken taco salad with no rice, beans, cheese, or sour cream, and add guacamole); Panera (they have four paleo salads, ask for the "hidden menu"); Jimmy Johns (get an unwich with extra meat, all the veggies, no cheese or mayo, and add the guacamole spread).

Cons:  
1. Zach is having some digestion issues.  We think his body is struggling to digest all of the fat he is consuming.  This is common at first.  He is taking a digestive enzyme until his body gets used to digesting this food.
2. Eating paleo is time-consuming.  We prep, cook, and clean up after three meals a day.  If we weren't doing it all together, it would be overwhelming.  Also, it takes us a couple hours to grocery shop.  We are glad that we started this in the summer, so that we can figure out how to meal plan before we're back at work.

Favorite new recipes:
cilantro lime chicken,  monkey popsicles, homemade chicken wings, peach cobbler, homemade Italian dressing, roasted sweet potato cubes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment