Thursday, August 8, 2013

Good-bye summer

I survived loved my summer!

Heading into this summer, I was obviously looking forward to it, but I was also nervous for a few reasons.  1.  Zach was taking classes and would be MIA for the month of June.  Then he would be detassling the month of July.  I am used to having him home in the summer, so I was nervous to be parenting by myself.  2. Monroe is two, and I was not looking forward to two-year-old behaviors from my strong-willed child.  Like any kid, Monroe listens better to people other than me.  I thought only having me to answer to all summer would bring out some interesting behaviors in her.  I was also afraid she would regress with potty training.
As it turned out...
This summer was wonderful!  Monroe and I had a great time spending our days playing, talking, and laughing together.  She is the coolest kid I know!  When she did push the boundaries, it made me a better mom and she learned where her limits are.   The two of us are closer than we have ever been.  I feel like I got to know Monroe on a different level these last few months.  Monroe tells me she loves me and initiates hugs all the time lately, and I know it is because she feels closer to me too.  I still don't think I could be a stay-at-home-mom, but I can definitely handle it for three months each year.
I am a teacher because of the impact I can have on the lives of my students.  I am thankful that this profession also allows me this special time with my daughter.  Thank you for a wonderful summer, Monroe!  You are such a blessing!  I love you!
(Yes, I cried while writing this entire post)

No comments:

Post a Comment