Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm 30!

I turned 30 on Saturday.  On Friday, my classroom was decorated for my birthday.
 



My parents came that night and brought me this fun gift.
I plan to do a garden this year, so they brought me a tree covered in seeds.  My mom also took me shopping :)
Zach and I were also given luggage from his parents for both of our birthdays.  It has been wonderful to have.

My friend Danielle and I are 12 days apart.  We decided last year that we wanted to have a 30th birthday party together. 
We decorated for the party, and then had to take a picture.

My sweet girl

We got a sitter for Monroe, so we had to take pictures before we went.



We did a photo booth



We also each printed pictures of us when we were young.  They were on all the tables.




Danielle's aunt made our cakes.  They were adorable and tasted delicious!




The birthday girls

We had a really good turn out at the party.  We invited our families, friends from outside of school, and our Newell friends.






One thing I was really hoping to find when we were booking a location, was a place that had karaoke.  Nathan Detroits said we could bring someone in if we knew of anyone.  My friend Shelley has a friend, Libby, who came and did it for us.  

Zach and Troy were the first brave souls to sing.

Here's their first song.

Then, Zach and I sang Waterfalls by TLC so that I could do the rap.




My family



Emmy and Patrick


Derek


Kristi and Dave




Our first Newell picture of the night


Kurtis and his dad both had fun with karaoke


Us with our cakes



Birthday song and blowing out candles

Danielle and her parents

This is the awesome wreath that Danielle's mom made me.  She also got me some really cool chevron coasters.  She must know I'm a chevron fanatic :)

Joey and Megan

Some of us girls sang Katy Perry's Roar

I don't know what Zach was doing, but I had to include this picture.

Ashley and Megan



Shelley and Clint

Zach's family

We made Zach's parents sing before they left.  They were great!

My sis

Another Newell pic

I don't have any non-blurry pictures of my family singing, but you can watch the video below.


Jackie


Kurtis and Danielle



Danielle, I'm so glad we turned 30 together!  What a fun night!  Love you, friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment