Sunday, June 14, 2015

Junkstock

A couple months ago my sister asked my mom and I if we wanted to go to Junkstock with her.  We talked about it and decided we needed to be kidless and go first thing on Friday morning.  (It is a three day event.)  My parents picked me up on Thursday afternoon and we drove to my sister's in Eagle.  
Junkstock opened at 10:00 a.m., so our goal was to get there by 9:30.  It took place in a field, so parking was on the hills around it.  Some areas were quite muddy.  They encouraged people to park at nearby locations and get bussed to the event.  There was even a $100 fine if you were to get stuck.  Thankfully, we were there early and had four wheel drive (we didn't need it), so we parked really close.  The night before my sister asked a neighbor for her wagon.  This was so nice to have!  We filled it up twice.  All day, people commented on how smart we were to bring it.
Ready to shop!  We had to wait 30 minutes for the gate to open.

There were booths and people everywhere!


My sister-in-law sent me this picture that someone had put on Facebook.  Apparently, some people waited as long as 3 hours for a shuttle to Junkstock.

Load number one



We unloaded the wagon in the car, and then went back for more.  



Load number 2

Looking down from a hill

Our carload

Our haul

 As we drove back to my sister's, the three of us decided that we had had the best day.  We spent 7 hours shopping for unique pieces with no agenda, no timeframe, no kids, and no husbands.  We are making it a yearly tradition.

That afternoon, Zach and Monroe met us in Eagle as Zach was playing in a golf tournament on Saturday.
 We went out to the driving range that night.





 Painting the next day

I couldn't wait to get home that night and find a place for all of my new pieces.
This arrow was one of my favorite purchases.

Our entryway now looks complete

I wanted to buy a plant stand while I was there.  This stool was my first purchase.

I got the crate a couple weeks ago from my grandma and the two plants in crocks from my mom.

I also couldn't pass up this red milk can

These tea boxes work perfectly on our spice rack.

Monroe's new step stool that she is in love with

 I also bought this piece for the center of our dining room table.  I'm not sure yet what I am putting in it.

This crib railing was my other favorite purchase.   It was only $5, and I knew instantly what I wanted to do with it.


It's our new drying rack.

Junkstock was so much fun!  I cannot wait to go again!

4 comments:

  1. Love your red milk can! Looks like such a fun girls day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see it all in place! It all fits so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a good eye for decorating! I would have no idea what to do with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Megan! Looks like a lot of fun and glad you didn't have to wait in line for 3 hours! Wow!

    ReplyDelete