Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Dad's Retirement Party

After 44 years of teaching, 18 in West Bend, Iowa, and 26 in North Platte, my dad decided to retire.  It was not an easy decision for him.  He loves teaching, and he's not sure what he's going to do with all his free time. But, he decided free time is something he'd like to have.  
He planned a retirement party with three other retirees.  

We went to North Platte on Friday night.  We took Monroe out to the Cody Park rides, but it was really chilly.  She didn't seem to mind, but the adults did.





My dad's party was Saturday night.


He had pictures of every year's newspaper staff and yearbook staff.  All four of us kids were on one or both staffs while in high school.

He also made books of each year's Bulldoggers (the school newspaper).  If you wanted, you could read every story written in the last 26 years.

This is a picture of the high school I attended.  It has since been torn down.

They had a great turnout of people.  It was fun for us kids to see past teachers and see students who my dad impacted.

On Sunday after my siblings had left, we decided to head back out to the rides.  They are too cheap to pass up, and she is the perfect age to enjoy them.  They also have amazing ice cream.  
This time the weather was perfect.


On our way back to Grand Island, we stopped in Kearney for supper.  Then I decided we couldn't miss going to Harmon Park.  I love that place.

Congratulations, Dad!  We love you and are proud of you!  Thank you for dedicating your life to teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment