Monday, July 11, 2022

Camping Trip

At the beginning of June, we went camping with my parents and Zach's parents.  We helped my parents rent a camper, like we had done last summer.  We met up at Platte River State Park.  

Zach was playing in a golf tournament late into the day, so I drove the kids there by myself.  It was the heaviest rain I'd ever driven in. I ended up pulling over at Lincoln, like most other drivers.  The water was pouring out of the downspouts at this gas station.



The boys remembered that they would be old enough to ride horses this summer, so we all decided to go.

Getting assigned to our horses

G

P

M

















That afternoon we hiked to the waterfall.










S'mores





The next day we went to the Wildlife Safari Park. I was pleasantly surprised by how many animals we saw.









elk


bison





That afternoon, we went to the splash pad.








Before leaving the next morning, the kids went fishing.


We had a great time with both sets of grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment