Saturday, March 5, 2011

We're having a baby!

Pregnancy has had its ups and downs.  For the first 11 weeks, Zach had to give me shots in my hip.  The medicine prevented a miscarriage, but the shots were not fun for Zach or me. I was also one of the lucky ones who got morning sickness.  I was sick from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed for 12 weeks.  Even on prescription nausea medication, I threw up everyday from week 7 to week 19.  I was extremely thankful when that ended.  Then pregnancy got fun.  
Zach and I had a continuous debate about whether or not to find out the gender of our baby.  In the end he won, and we decided we would find out.  I had a condition, though.  We were going to find out in a fun way. On the 20th of December we had an ultrasound.  We had the doctor write the gender of the baby down on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  We then took it to the bakery and had them make a cake that was either pink or blue on the inside.  Neither of our families knew we were finding out, so it was a surprise for everyone.  We cut into the cake on Christmas morning in front of Zach's family.  Then we put the cake back together and had my parents cut into it that evening.  It was so much fun, and we were completely shocked.


Before we cut into the cake 


Our first glimpse of pink


Everyone's reaction






I am now 35 weeks along.  I have loved feeling her move around and hiccup inside.  Zach has enjoyed watching the "alien" moves.  We have also enjoyed decorating her room.  We are expecting her arrival around April 6th.  We can’t wait to meet her!



20 weeks


25 weeks


30 weeks



35 weeks - almost there

3 comments:

  1. This is a awesome idea!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Erin! Isn't it fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first couple of posts! Can't wait to see more when that baby gets here!!

    ReplyDelete