Sunday, January 12, 2014

I got octopussed



While I was at a meeting after school on Friday, my "friends" took a dead octopus (the kindergarten teachers had it for O week) and put it on my car tire.  Then they huddled inside a doorway and waited for me to come out.  They actually waited for more than half an hour because my meeting ran long.  I was walking out with my friend Amy and talking as we walked, so I didn't see the octopus as I approached the car.  I smelled it before I saw it, so I knew it was real right away.  My first thought was, "Where did I run over an octopus?" When that didn't seem to make sense, my second thought was, "Maybe it crawled onto my tire from the parking lot."  I know, really logical ideas.  Amy was pulling away, so I frantically flagged her down to help me figure out the mystery.  Then I looked around for an explanation.  That's when I saw my friends all crammed together recording me with their phones.  They all got a great laugh, and I got a fun story!  I think we should definitely make octopussing a thing!



1 comment: