Sunday, March 1, 2015

Zach's birthday and birthday party

Zach turned 30 on Thursday.  A friend of his from school helped me by putting 30th birthday decorations up around his classroom the night before.

That morning, I put this picture on Facebook. 

Then I added another one every 2-3 hours for the rest of the day.  
It was fun!







After school Monroe and I went and got him cupcakes, candles, and balloons.
Then we met his parents for dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  His dad wasn't able to come to his party, so it was nice that they could do dinner with us.


Sitting on the saddle

Yummy cupcakes



A month ago I got a call from our friend, Tim, who lives in Atlanta.  He told me that he bought a plane ticket and was surprising Zach for his birthday.  He showed up on Saturday afternoon.
It was a really fun surprise!
For Zach's party, we planned a day at the horse races for Saturday.  We had a really good turn out and a great time.

Newell friends


Zach's family and some friends with my family photo bombing

My family

Senior High friends
 There were other people in and out that we didn't get in pictures.  

After the races, everyone came back to our house for food, cake, and drinks.
I looked back at who we invited to see how many people were there.  There were 45 adults and 15 kids. 
Monroe got to be a part of this half of the party, which made it okay that she didn't get to go to the races. Kind of :)

Zach made pulled pork, and it was awesome!   Everyone was oohing and aahing.

Zach's mom made his cake.  It was perfect!


I didn't take many pictures at our house, but I did get some of Monroe eating cake.


And later, just frosting :)

Breckyn was so cute up on this step stool playing. 
All the kids did a great job of playing together and entertaining themselves.  I thought having all of the kids might get chaotic, but it was perfectly fine.

We ended out the party playing Tippy Cup, which is kind of a Burkle tradition.  This is the best picture I got. We had fun!
After everyone left, my family decided to go bowling.  So, at 11:30, we drove to the bowling alley.  My dad volunteered to stay home with a sleeping Monroe.  

Tim left the next day.  He was only able to stay for 24 hours.  It was such a fun surprise for Zach!

We had a great couple of days celebrating Zach!  We love you, Babe!

1 comment:

  1. Many many returns of the day. You look so cute in those childhood photographs. Couple of days back I threw a small surprise party to my hubby at one of LA venue. Had arranged everything perfectly and a delicious cake was booked from reputed bakers. He was very happy with this surprise party.

    ReplyDelete