Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin decorating

When I was reading some blogs on Saturday morning, I read this one about pumpkin decorating from Young House Love.  I loved their idea of decoupaging the pumpkins, and I thought it would be fun to do as a family.  

I liked the project for the same reason they did; I had everything I would need.  First, we cut circles out of pink and black tissue paper.  Then, we decoupaged them to the pumpkins.  Monroe helped me "paint" on the Mod Podge and press on the circles.  Zach manned the camera.



 We figured out fairly quickly that Monroe was too young for this project.  She just wanted to play with the Mod Podge. 

This picture was taken right before Monroe's hand went into her mouth.  Judging by her reaction, Mod Podge doesn't taste as good as she had hoped.

I ended up completing the project on my own, while Monroe and Zach had fun with her necklaces. Then, we let the pumpkins dry.


 

Look how they turned out!  Aren't they fun?

I'm really glad we did this last-minute project.

Monroe and her pumpkins

Monroe loves saying cheese for the camera, but she rarely says cheese while looking at the camera.

1 comment: