Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Surprise

Last year Zach and I drove to Wisconsin with some friends to go to the Nebraska/Wisconsin game.  Although we lost, the game was awesome!  We were hoping to go again this year, but we didn't get tickets.  A few weeks before the game, I found out that Julie's parents had two tickets they would sell to me.  I decided to buy them and surprise Zach.  
I wanted to wait until the last minute to tell him so he would be really caught off guard. I finally told him the morning of the game.  Zach was in Monroe's room changing her diaper.  I asked him if he was really bummed that we weren't able to go to the game.  He said, "No.  It's okay.  We'll have fun tonight."  I said, "Okay.  Then you don't want these?"  And I handed him the tickets.  He had the perfect shocked reaction.  He had no idea what to say.  Then, he asked me a hundred questions.  


A couple hours later, we drove to Lincoln and dropped Monroe off at Megan (our sister-in-law's) house.  Then, we met up with our friends Troy and Ashley at a tailgate party.  


After an hour or so, we went over to the tailgate where my sister and her friends were.  Her birthday was the next day, so we had to celebrate.  


My brother, sister, brother-in-law, Zach, and me

I assume anyone reading this also watched the Wisconsin game on TV, but it was awesome to view in person.  The fact that we were down 27-10 at one point made it all the more exciting when we came back.  The crowd was going crazy.  It was, by far, the best Nebraska game we've ever been to.



This is the best picture I could get of the score board at the end of the game.


GO BIG RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment