Thursday, October 4, 2012

Picture perfect

As I shared a couple weeks ago, Zach and I have been updating our bedroom for the last six months.  We put the final touches on it last weekend, so I have to share.

You may have noticed the very blank wall between the window and the headboard.  Well, it's not blank anymore.

I found this frame at a garage sale this summer.  It was gold when I bought it, but I forgot to take a before picture.  When I found it, I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it.  My idea was to spray paint it and put a canvas photograph inside.
The problem with canvas prints is that they are expensive.  There are a lot of companies out there, but I wanted to make sure it was great quality.  When I told my sister that I was looking for a canvas company, she suggested that I join Groupon.  Within a week of joining, there was a Groupon for Canvas on Demand.  The Groupon was for two 16 x 20 (the exact size I was looking for) canvas prints for $59 with free shipping and handling.  The canvases are originally $112 a piece plus shipping and handling.
After buying the Groupon, we had to select the pictures we would use.  This was a lot more pressure than just choosing an 8 x 10 for a frame.  The family shot was fairly easy to select.  The picture of Monroe was much harder.  I had to get many opinions from friends at school.

 
These are the two we selected.  We don't know yet what we're doing with the picture of Monroe.

 
Once the pictures came in the mail, Zach and I spray painted the gold frame black and hung the frame and canvas on the wall.  I love it all; the frame, the wall showing between the frame and the canvas, and the picture of us.  

Here is a shot of the picture next to the headboard.  I think the two compliment each other well.

So now our bedroom is complete!  

Once, again.  Here is the before shot...  

and after!
I couldn't be happier!  I am most proud that my two favorite things (the headboard and the frame) were completely original ideas.  I didn't use Pinterest or borrow the ideas from anyone.  Thank you, Zachary, for helping make my crazy ideas a reality.
Our bedroom is now my favorite room in the house!

3 comments:

  1. Love...love..love how the canvas turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who says I don't check your blog? When are y'all gonna update uncle Tim's room? :) Miss you gus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You couldn't go wrong with any of the pictures of Monroe!
    What color is the paint?

    ReplyDelete