Sunday, March 10, 2013

Kansas City Trip

On Thursday, I went to Kansas City with some girls that I teach with.  We planned the trip for the last part of our spring break.  
We decided to gamble and get our hotel on Priceline.  Zach and I have done this a number of times before, but it is always scary.  We ended up getting an apartment-style hotel room for only $58 a night. On the door of the room, the price was listed as $249 per night.  What a steal!

As soon as we got to KC on Thursday, we got ready and went out.  


We took a shuttle downtown and had the driver drop us off at a fancy restaurant.  Apparently our idea of fancy is different than fancy in KC because the food was crazy expensive.  We actually ended up leaving and going across the street to another restaurant to eat.  The food there was delicious.



After dinner, we went around the corner to the Power and Light District.  We started at Tengo.  Most of the girls there pranced around in fluorescent tank tops and shorts with their bodies painted.  We didn't stay there long.

Then we went to Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar.  We loved every second of it.  The musicians were extremely talented and the music had a great variety.


At one point, I texted Zach that I wanted him to send me a picture of my family.  This is what I got.  Notice Zach in the corner.  It was so sweet!

On Friday, we got up and got ready to spend the day shopping.  After hours of shopping, we left the mall with lots of full bags.

Then, we got ready to go out again.
Night number 2.  

Before being at the Power and Light District, I couldn't picture it at all.  Here are a few shots of the outside.  There were bars and restaurants on all four sides.

Back to the piano bar
We got photo bombed.


Hayley and I ordered fun drinks

The second night of the dueling pianos was a lot different than the first.  Being a Friday night, the place was packed.  We still loved the music, just not the the other people at the bar.

It was so nice to get away for a few days with the girls.  I was definitely excited to see Monroe and Zach when I got back though.

1 comment: