Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Birthday Present

About a month ago, Zach asked if there was anything I would like him to build me.  He said that he wanted to build me something for my birthday.  I let him off easy because what I wanted didn't require any building at all.  I asked him to make me a growth chart for our hallway. 
The hallway before

He started with a 1 x 8

He stained it espresso

Then he painted on ruler marks and stenciled numbers

I also wanted letters to go with the growth chart.  He made me choose the letters and the paint colors, but he did the painting.

I chose three colors that we already had in the basement

On Wednesday night, we hung the growth chart.

Then we added measurements for Monroe at birth and one year. 

I am waiting to do year two for another couple of weeks.

Then, we hung the letters.

 As most of you know, Zach and I are not in a huge hurry to add another baby to our family.  However, after doing this project, I told Zach we need to have a baby soon.  I want to add marks to the growth chart, and I would like to fill the empty space under the M.  I'm thinking this feeling will pass quickly, but it does make me excited for the future.  

Before                      and                      After

I would say that our hallway has definitely been upgraded.  Thank you, Zach, for the wonderful birthday present!  I love it!

1 comment: