Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend in North Platte

 On Friday night, Zach, Monroe and I drove to North Platte to spend the weekend with my parents.  One of the purposes of our trip was to help my parents hang their headboard.  Last fall they brought two doors home from my great grandma's farm house.  They painted them and wanted them hung on the wall as a headboard.  For my mom's Christmas present, we told her we would come hang the doors.
The first thing we did was frame the back of the doors with 2x2s.

Then my dad painted the edge.

While the paint dried, we screwed 2x2s into the studs in the wall.  We also put the face plates and knobs on the doors.

Then, we hung the doors and screwed them in place.

 Here is the finished product with the bed in place.  It looks great in the room!

Monroe had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's.  Although she asked about her cousins often, I think she enjoyed having my parents all to herself.  She liked rocking her baby in Grandma's chair.

We took Monroe for her first wagon ride while there.  She loved it!

Monroe and Grandpa

On Monday morning, we went to the park to feed the animals.  Monroe had no fear of the animals and let them take the bread straight out of her hand.





 After feeding the animals, we went to a playground to play.







Grandma and Monroe

While in North Platte, my mom and I went shopping at an antique shoppe.  I have been looking for an old dresser that we could redo for Monroe's room.

I found this dresser, and fell in love with it immediately.  We got it for only $45.


We don't need the dresser until Monroe is potty trained, so we plan to start redoing it this summer.  

We plan to do something like this with the dresser.

Going to North Platte was a great start to our spring break!



1 comment: