Monday, October 14, 2013

Student Teacher

This fall, I had the great opportunity of having a student teacher in my classroom.  Shannon Aspen is a student from UNK, and she was with me for the first eight weeks of the year.  I didn't know what to expect going into the year.  I was hoping that whoever was placed with me would be easy to work with  and someone I could learn from as well as teach. 
 The experience was way better than I could have hoped.  Shannon and I worked really well together, and we enjoyed spending everyday with each other.  She was already a great teacher, so pushing her to be even better was easy.  She took my few suggestions and ran with them.  Having her in our class was a huge benefit to our students.  We were able to give so much more attention to all of our kids.  Shannon also pushed me to try new things that add to the lessons.  She was really good about bringing in songs, videos, foldables, and closure activities.  
I so loved this opportunity!  Thank you, Shannon, for everything.  You are welcome back anytime!


 Shannon's last day


No comments:

Post a Comment