Saturday, January 9, 2016

Update on Babies

We had an appointment on January 4th with a perinatologist in Omaha.  Our ultrasound lasted two hours.  They measured every detail of Babies B and C.  They spent a lot of their time trying to determine if there is one or two placentas.  The twins split early enough that they are in two sacs, but the number of placentas has been a question.  This doctor is fairly certain that there are two placentas.  This is better for the babies because they can't rob each other of nutrients.  We will continue to meet with them every other week when they are in Grand Island.  Here are some pictures: 



This is a picture of the tops of all three heads.  In just over two weeks, B and C are more than twice the size of A.  I am so thankful that she was able to get this picture!

The best picture we could get of A.  

The tech was trying to get a 3D picture of Baby C and Baby B snuck into the picture.  She said this is the first time she's ever seen twins in the same 3D picture.

Here is an update of the belly: 
At 20 weeks, I am honestly dreading the next 12-17.   The boys don't even weigh a pound yet.  I know it can be done, but I don't comprehend how right now.


20 weeks with Monroe

When I came back to school after Christmas break, I told my students about losing Baby A.  Then I had them vote on whether the twins were two boys, a boy and a girl, or two girls.  As you can see, only a few got it right.

Baby A
I have an amazing OB nurse that has been very supportive through this whole pregnancy.  I actually have her daughter in my class this year.  She cheered with us when we found out we were pregnant and then when we found out they were triplets.  And, she cried with us when we lost Baby A.  The other day, she brought me multiple copies of a picture of Baby A on the day we lost him/her.  She also gave me a few picture frames to put them in.  We have one on the fridge and one in Monroe's room.

2 comments: