Friday, December 19, 2014

Home projects

We've done a few house projects this month that I wanted to share.  I wanted a photo wall on the large wall in our family room.  At first we were going to do a canvas wall, but then we realized we couldn't update those in a couple years.  Then I looked into frames.  I found matching frames of all sizes for really cheap from IKEA.  I cut out paper the size of the frames to plan the arrangement. Then Zach did the hanging.



We love how it turned out!  

The other ongoing project has been our dining room table.  
Zach and Troy started it in September, but they didn't get to work on it consistently until November.  I think it took longer than they both expected.


I knew from the beginning that I wanted to have mismatched chairs.  On the ends, we got fabric chairs from Target.  Monroe is not allowed to sit in these :)
On one side, I bought three antique chairs from two different stores downtown.
The guys built a bench for the other side.

The table is 100 ft long and quite heavy.  The wood has a beautiful grain and color.
 Here is the finished product.  It works perfectly in the room.  We are still deciding if we are keeping the rug or not.  We love what it looks like, but we also love it without.  If we don't have a preference, we're thinking we should return the rug and save ourselves a lot of money.
I am so blessed to have a husband (and Troy) who would take on this project!  This will be our family table for the next 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment